Friday, June 3, 2011

Do i need to adjust my ignition timing after changing spark plugs?

Is it necessary for me to readjust my ignition timing after I replace my spark plugs? There is nothing new about the spark plugs, they%26#039;re the same gap, heat range, and the same OEM NGK brand as the old plugs. It%26#039;s just standard maintenance, but is it still necessary for me to do so?|||Nope.|||The spark plug has got nothing to do with ignition timing. So what is your problem?|||As you%26#039;ve replaced the plugs, I%26#039;m assuming they were old. So if you have re-gapped the new ones, I%26#039;d think you%26#039;d want to adjust (can you still do that these days, or is it an older type car?) or replace the points anyway. It%26#039;s part of standard maintenance, I%26#039;d have thought.