Tuesday, October 25, 2011

94 accord sputters & less power even after I changed 4 spark plugs?

my 94 accord cranked but didn't start one morning. i noticed that the spark wells had oil in them. so I just changed spark plugs %26amp; it started right away.



after few months my 94 accord started to sputter %26amp; have less power for few days. %26amp; then one moring, i tried to start but it cranked %26amp; didn't start again. so I changed 4 spark plugs %26amp; it started. but still sputters %26amp; less power when I press gas. what could it be? also i hear slight puffing noise from muffler
94 accord sputters %26amp; less power even after I changed 4 spark plugs?
O2 SENSOR,FUEL FILTER AND AIR FILTER
94 accord sputters %26amp; less power even after I changed 4 spark plugs?
plug wires maybe
the fact that you have oil in the plug wells should be a sign. a valve cover gasket kit should come with a new set of seals to replace the failing ones on this valve cover. i would imagine that you have an excessive amount of oil in at least one of the wells. oil around the plug will provide a path for the spark to jump causing the spark plug to short out essentially.