Tuesday, September 20, 2011

02 maxima Changed spark plugs and car will not start?

I have an 02 nissan maxima with 126000 miles on it. I just changed the spark plugs on it the other day and started it up and it sputter for a little bit and then everything started running normally. I drove it to my cousins house which is about 30 minutes away and the car was driving with great performance. I get to my cousins and let it sit for about 20 minutes and then get ready to leave and it will not turn over. It tries to start for about 8 seconds and then finally turns over. I rev it up and notice that my RPM gauge is not working. I turn it off and turned it on again and hold the key to the start position for another 8-10 seconds and it turns over but there is no throttle response and it turns off.



I took everything off and checked the spark plugs to make sure they were secure and i also checked the spark plug wires. I have never had problems with the car. I also used the same exact spark plugs that were in the car before.



HELP!



Thanks!
02 maxima Changed spark plugs and car will not start?
go back and verify the plug wires are still good



take each one off and use a ohm meter, look for one with really high resistance or open circuit.