Friday, September 23, 2011

Changing my spark plugs and had a problem????????????

i had white combustion deposits on my spark plug. what caused this. i always do regular maintenace on my car. i try to keep up with my cars repairs.



my muffler and converter did go bad. i am changing them both this week. i changed my plugs, wires, cap and rotor today.



did the white combustion deposits cause my muffler and converter to go bad????



does this mean my ignition coil or egr valve is bad????



let me know if your a mechanic or not.
Changing my spark plugs and had a problem????????????
The white deposits are caused by chemicels in the gas , not much you can do about it . maybe buy gas from another source , many suppliers are using the same source



Is the coverter stopped up ? there isn't much to go bad in them, either stopped up or the ceramic is broken.

Mufler , well the noise is obvious.



200,000+ the converter is probably bad

The hole in the muffler is it small like a nail hole in the end at the bottom or rotted out ? Many manufacturers put a small drain in them to drain the condensate out
Changing my spark plugs and had a problem????????????
a little white is ok, though mocha brown is perfect color for plugs. excessive white deposits indicate a lean air/fuel mixture (the amount of air going through the motor is too great for the amount of fuel).



What do you mean %26quot;the muffler went bad%26quot;? most likely, the lean condition was caused by the broken muffler being less restrictive than normal, allowing more airflow out of the motor.
If the build up was not too bad it is probably from normal fuel we get these days...if plugs get off gap a little they can carbon fowel or get that same build up...and no...they cannot really make converter and muffler go bad...how many miles and what kind of car ?
The white condition on your plug, is an indication of a lean air/fuel mixture. That will cause the cylinder to run hotter than normal, the extra heat may have caused your muffler to get too hot and it could have destroyed the inner baffles, the same for you cat converter.



good luck.