Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I change the spark plugs in my 1996 Saturn wagon?

I tried to change my plugs in my car 1996 saturn station wagon, but I could not find how to take the old plugs out! I pulled and pulled but they would not release. How do I get them out? Please explain this to me with as if you are drawing me the picture. Thank you!
How do I change the spark plugs in my 1996 Saturn wagon?
remove the four wires on the top of the engine. pull up and twist. remove plugs, gap new plugs, place plugs in hole, tighten them up, and reinstall wires. good luck!
How do I change the spark plugs in my 1996 Saturn wagon?
The same way you take out the plugs on a 97 Saturn.
u need a 3/8 rachet with a 2 inch extention and a 5/8 socket to remover them ........righty tighty ,and lefty loosey
A ratchet preferably 3/8 and a socket that would fit it, they usually sell them at a auto parts store. Remove one and put Antiseize around the threads of the new one, put it back in and tighten down. Do not break the porcelin of the spark plug. Put the wire back on top. Do one at a time so you don't mix the firing order.