Thursday, October 6, 2011

Yesterday ,i have changed my car spark plugs,today,a thick carbon layer is formed on spark plugs.?

i have recently changed all the engine chamber,and the engine were dissassembled.

the spark plugs were always covered with carbon but after maybe a month from changing spark plugs now it takes only one day.

my carburettor was rebuilt last wednesday.

my car is opel Corsa A (model 1986) 1.2L .carburettor pierburg 1B1.
Yesterday ,i have changed my car spark plugs,today,a thick carbon layer is formed on spark plugs.?
Your fuel air mix is far too rich and needs leaning off.
Yesterday ,i have changed my car spark plugs,today,a thick carbon layer is formed on spark plugs.?
Plugs could be oiling up, was valve guides inserts renewed?
I would say the carburetor is at fault. Is black smoke exiting the tail pipe? Or the inside getting black soot on it? I think whoever rebuilt your carb messed up.
It's running very, very rich. Take it back to whoever rebuilt the carb.



Unless, of course, your choke is stuck on or your air filter well-nigh blocked.