Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Spark plugs changed and gas mileage started to dip?

I changed my spark plugs with bosch platinum 2 about 4 weeks ago.

I calculate the mpg after one tank of gas, roughly one week or so.

First week after change, I registered my mpg to be 36. That is almost 10% better than the old plugs

Second week, it down to 35 ish. Third week was 34 ish. and this week is 34.

What is going on ? Shouldn't the plugs lasting for a long time ?

Do other people has similar experiences ?
Spark plugs changed and gas mileage started to dip?
bosch plugs are a real good plug it you last a long time did you set the gaps on your new plugs and did you put new spark plugs wire on went you changed your spark plugs
Spark plugs changed and gas mileage started to dip?
did u gap them right??? my guess is u didnt set them right before u put them in.
  • school nurse needing advice
  • cat
  •