Thursday, October 6, 2011

When a 94 Acura Legend LS gets a tuneup what is done besides changing the spark plugs? Want to do my own. Thx

Where can I buy an OBD scanner/code reader for 94 Legend? I

hear the OBD II scanners only work on 96 and newer vehicles.

Lots of double talk from the local tuneup techs. Heck, I can change

the plugs if that is all they do since they claim they can't read the

codes with the OBD II scanner/reader. Can someone who has tuned up a 91-95 Legend give me the steps and I'll try it myself.

I was quoted $28.95 per plug(x 6) and enough labor to make the

final price be $230. I appreciate your help. Thank you.
When a 94 Acura Legend LS gets a tuneup what is done besides changing the spark plugs? Want to do my own. Thx
Ouch. Pricey. A tune up would consist of plugs, rotor, distributor cap and maybe the plug wires (if it is still the originals I would seriously consider it after 12 years) Also change the air cleaner and pcv filter (or unit). Plugs are cheaper than that. Go to an autoparts store for your stuff. It does not have to Acura factory parts. They overcharge (like every dealer).

This will do you fine, for alot less.

Do change the plugs when the engine is cold(like overnight cold).
When a 94 Acura Legend LS gets a tuneup what is done besides changing the spark plugs? Want to do my own. Thx
pfft, just buy new plugs if that's all they're going to do. they are, at most, 15 bucks each for platinum. install them youself
Usally when a car gets a tune-up, it gets new plugs,wires, and a new timing belt, also they check the valves (condition and spacing) and replace/adjust, if needed.
Dude, If you'd like to do it yourself, pickup a 'Haynes%26quot; manual from your nearest parts shop. The book is less than $20. %26amp; has all the info for you on your car. It's a great lesson that'll save ya big $ for years ! Also, you'll learn that platnum plugs last about 80k miles. Do a fuel filter,if it's inline, every 2 years, etc, etc........Good Luck %26amp; join us, we need more MotorHeads !
usually when cars get a tuneup what you're really talking about is an oil change, like you said the spark plugs, maybe the spark plug wires...that's it...all this everybody can do it...and it doesn't take that much time.
Change the plugs, plug wires, check the air filter and replace if needed. I am not sure if you car has an actual distributor and a cap but if it does, readjust the contact points or relaced if needed.